Top Baby Bouncers of 2020
There are a few products that are going to be "can't live without" baby gear essentials in those first few months. A reliable rocker will be one of them. You'll wonder how you would have ever gotten anything done without your go-to bouncer to keep baby safely entertained. Now, there are multiple different rockers/bouncers/swings on the market that will do the job, but in this Learning Centre article, we’re breaking down our top 5!
4moms MamaRoo 4.0Le 4moms MamaRoo 4.0 is definitely the most “techy” of the bunch. It has 5 different movements and 5 different speeds per movement – giving you 25 options so you’re sure to find something that suits your baby. If they’re feeling a little extra fussy then you can really get it moving!
It also has 4 built-in sounds to choose from, so if your sound machine stays on the bedside table or in the nursery, you don’t have to worry about porting that around from room to room with you! [In case you haven’t figured it out yet, the womb is loud and babies feel comfortable when surrounded by white noise, especially in the “fourth trimester”]
It’s also Bluetooth enabled so you can control and adjust the movements and sounds from your smart device.
- Machine washable fabrics
- Toy mobile included to stimulate baby while they rock, bounce or sway
- Multiple different movements
- Adjustable recline to sit baby more upright as they become more engaged in the world
- Built-in sounds
- Infant insert to use from birth is sold separately
- Must be plugged in to use
- It’s lightweight, but still quite bulky so not ideal for moving from room to room or packing into the trunk for a getaway
- Can only be used for ~first 6 months of baby’s life
BabyBjörn Bouncer Bliss/Bouncer BalanceThe BabyBjörn Bouncer Bliss et Bouncer Balance [the only difference between them is the colour of the frame], are awesome little bouncers with a simple, but genius, concept.
This bouncer requires you to use your hand or foot to bounce baby, but it’s very sensitive to touch and this is not as daunting as it sounds! A simple tap of the toe gets baby easily moving.
Side note: If you open your bouncer before baby is born, don’t be alarmed! The weight of the baby is what allows it to bounce so easily - #Science. Once your baby starts to realize they have control of their limbs, their own kicking will get them moving and is shown to help develop motor skills!
This bouncer is SO loved by parents because of how easy it is to move from room to room or pack up for the day – need a shower? Easily bring this little bouncer into the bathroom! Heading to the beach? No outlet necessary for baby to enjoy some bouncing in the shade!
This bouncer comes in mesh, Maillot 3D ou cotton and can be used from birth to ~2 years in 2 different stages. With 3 different recline positions, you can use this bouncer right from birth to 20 lbs in bouncer position, then flip the fabric and use as a little chair!
- Lightweight & compact design make it easy to move from room to room and doesn’t take up much space in your living areas
- Folds flat for easy storage or to transport if you’re heading on a trip or just out for the day!
- No batteries or plug necessary to use
- Easily removable and machine washable fabrics
- Just one movement [up and down]
- Until baby has control of their limbs, requires caregiver to be close by for movement to happen
- Some families prefer baby closer to eye level vs. on the floor [dog families we’re talking to you]
Nuna Leaf/Leaf Grow SwingBefore we begin here, open this link in a new tab – it explains the differences between the Leaf and the Leaf Grow swings! [We know that’s your next Google search]
Le Nuna Leaf/Leaf Grow swings are definitely some of the most stylish in the rocker/bouncer world. The stunning design from Nuna makes these a fan favourite, but that’s not all people love about it!
This swing moves gently from side to side and will continue movement for ~2 minutes with just one gentle push [that’s enough time to run and pee before baby comes to a halt!] Like the Baby Bjorn, this swing doesn’t require batteries or a plug BUT some models do have the option to add the Wind Accessory for continuous movement! [more on that in a minute]
This swing can be used from birth and comes with a cozy infant insert that can be removed for use in toddler mode and “big kid” mode! All fabrics are machine washable.
- Can be locked into stationary position for feeding or playtime
- 3 recline positions – can sway in all 3!
- Mesh backing beneath infant insert provides breathability
- Can be used to 100+ pounds in 2 different stages – the longevity of this seat can’t be beat!
- Cannot fold flat for easy transport – base and seat detach from each other
- Wind accessory sold separately so requires a caregiver be close by for continuous movement to occur
Bababing Rockout BouncerLe Rockout seat by BabaBing is an affordable option for parents who just need a simple and basic location for baby to chill out and “RockOut”.
The RockOut rocker has 3 recline positions that easily adjust to bring baby more upright as they become more alert and aware of their surroundings. The rocker folds flat for easy transport and is perfect for families on the go. There are 2 soft toys on an included toy bar to stimulate baby when needed – but the bar will just pop off if you’re hoping to lull baby into a sleepy state with the movement!
- Affordable solution
- Folds flat and lightweight design for easy transport
- “Wipeable” fabric for quick cleanup of spills or explosions – can be tossed into the washing machine for a deeper clean!
- Stability legs easily pop out to stop the rocking for feeding or playing!
- Just one rocking movement
- Requires caregiver to initiate and continue any movement in rocker
- 5-point harness vs. 3-point harness creates a bit more work to get baby in and out
- Cannot be used past 20 lbs, or ~ 6 months when baby can sit unassisted
SWING 'N GO PORTABLE SWING - BELLA TEDDYLe Swing ‘N Go Portable Swing by Ingenuity has a soft and contemporary new look – Bella Teddy!
This design is available at select locations only – and Snuggle Bugz is one of them! This swing moves back and forth and runs on batteries, so you don’t have to worry about setting up near an outlet [your lamps can stay right where they are]. The swing uses a technology called “Hybridrive” so that your batteries last longer than they normally would – you won’t have to spend a fortune swapping out batteries every few days.
The entire seat features soft and fleecy fabrics to keep baby cozy while they swing. It can be used right from birth up to ~6 months when baby is trying to sit up on their own.
- Automatic movement allows parents to be hands-free while baby swings
- Built-in sounds – 8 melodies & 3 nature sounds
- 5 different swing speeds to choose from
- Comes with toy bar featuring 2 plush toys to stimulate baby while they swing
- 5-point harness vs. 3 point-harness which is a bit more work to get baby in and out
- Bulkier than other options so takes up more space in your living areas [not ideal for small spaces or moving from room to room]
- Although it folds small, it is not the most compact compared to the BabyBjorn or BabaBing. Like the 4moms, it is better suited for somewhere it will stay put!